7.06.2012

Metamorphosis


Ever since a year ago, I have learning to be following my heart, do the things I like and ignore the things that I dislike. At home, I try not to rely dad and mum too much as before and I try not to rely on friends much in campus too! All the things I am trying have a common intention: I am trying to be independent.

Some people may ask me: "Hi Mei, what are you so antisocial and not following your friends in tutorial class?" I gave them the best answer by smiling :) Just because we are different classes sometimes doesn't mean that I care less about them than I did before; Just because of the less phone calls with bf doesn't mean that I don't love him as before; Just because we seldom meet doesn't mean that I don't miss you as before! I always think true friendship isn't being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes. In human relationships distance is not measured in miles but in affection. 

As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones. Remember, life is like a party. You invite many people, some leave early, some stay all night, some laugh with you, some laugh at you, and some show up really late. But in the end, after the fun, there are a few who stay to help you clean up the mess. And most of the time, they aren't even the ones who made the mess. These people are your real friends in life. They are the ones who matter the most.

Sometimes we overcare about what other people think about us. We are not born to impress everyone. It's right, well Shakespeare was, nothing is really good or bad, it is what it is. It is the thinking that makes us label things. We make positive or negative by how are we interpret them. Be yourself and have conviction in what you are doing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...